The art of shooting is nothing more than science. You have to calculate the proper angle, speed, and distance in your mind thoroughly for a bullseye. Shooting can be enjoyed as a harvest game, competitively or as a fun game. In whichever way you are playing this sport, you have to understand that the range of your shot is the most critical component.
By choosing the perfect rangefinder, you would not only be able to know the distance of the target but also the will guide you to the exact elevation change and ballistic range by doing the needed calculation. A good rangefinder can help you in long-range shooting, and having one good quality can become one of the important tools for it.
It can assure you the perfect shot that you need to take. Many of the rangefinders are not meant for long-distance shooting. Some rangefinder even causes a problem when the weather condition is not suitable. So through this article, we will guide you to the best rangefinder available in the market so that you can have the best quality one with you.
Every golfer looks for the next big new thing that will take their game to the next level. Technology is increasingly changing the way we approach and conquer assignments in modern golf, like modern life. Golfers have had to use landmarks or guesses to estimate yardage for a number of years now, but the area of laser rangefinders available continues to develop and grow.
Let us first inform you what the factors that you should consider before choosing a perfect rangefinder for your long-range shooting are.
- Distance – When you have to choose a long-range rangefinder, make sure that the range is a minimum of 1000 yards. A rangefinder less than that would not be of any use for this purpose. If any rangefinder is giving you the scope of reaching beyond 1000 yards accurately, then it becomes the best option.
- Magnification ability – Magnification gives you an exact picture of the target. Thus depending on the range, the magnification power should be proportionally available so that you get a clear sight of your aim and also so that it does not lead to extreme magnifying. This can lead to losing your target.
- Accuracy – Without proper accuracy, a rangefinder is of no use. As the distance increases in long-range shooting, it is very important to have a rangefinder with high-quality laser accuracy. Small inaccuracy in the rangefinder can result in a half yard of differences from the exact target.
- Lasting – The durability and warranty of the rangefinder is one of the important things that you should consider. Without the required warranty, all the money that you have invested in the rangefinder can go into vain.
Leupold RX – 1300i
[su_button url="https://amzn.to/2NnwE0O" target="blank" background="#cf5705" color="#ffffff" size="10" center="yes" icon="icon: shopping-cart" text_shadow="2px 2px 1px #000000" rel="nofollow"]Check on Amazon[/su_button]
If you want to have the best rangefinder with you, which ballistic reading can reach upto 125 yards, then Leupold RX – 1300i is the best option for you. It is weatherproof and multicoated. It has a quick set menu option, which is its biggest plus point. The rangefinder has milliradian based shot correction data. This helps the shooter to aim and target at the right spot he or she desires to. The Leupold RX – 1300i is the best option for hunting. Aiming nearest to ten yards, it becomes an invaluable tool for the hunters and using the rifle for such long-range purposes. The demerit of it is the price. But the merit that follows it is that of its long-lasting quality. It is one of the best investments that you can make.
The pros and cons of this product can be summarized as follows:
- RX – 1300i is a compact and lightweight rangefinder.
- It is a durable and long lasting product
- Being a high-quality product, the rate of the rangefinder is too expensive.
Vortex optics ranger 1800
[su_button url="https://amzn.to/3c5tF7z" target="blank" background="#cf5705" color="#ffffff" size="10" center="yes" icon="icon: shopping-cart" text_shadow="2px 2px 1px #000000" rel="nofollow"]Check on Amazon[/su_button]
Another best rangefinder that you will find in the market with a range distance upto 1800 yards is Vortex optics ranger 1800. The best thing about this one is the range that it covers. Along with it, the rangefinder also has the ability to track the target in a moving state. It includes both Horizontal Component Distance mode (HCD) and Line of Sight (LOS) mode. The former helps you for angle compensated ranging, and the latter for the actual line of sight ranging. It has a special feature of O ring sealed that safeguards it from getting damaged from outside pollution and water. This rangefinder becomes one of the must-own items for the target shooters and hunters.
The pros and cons of this product can be summarized as follows:
- It also has a rubberized coating for better grip.
- The Vortex optics ranger 1800 has anti-reflective coating to make sure that the targeted view is not altered, and you can have your best shot at it.
- The rangefinder is portable and can be carried in any manner by clipping it with anything.
- One doesn’t get much colour options to choose from.
ATN Laser Ballistic 1500
[su_button url="https://amzn.to/2LY5JZf" target="blank" background="#cf5705" color="#ffffff" size="10" center="yes" icon="icon: shopping-cart" text_shadow="2px 2px 1px #000000" rel="nofollow"]Check on Amazon[/su_button]
If you dream of earning a high – tech long-range shooting rangefinder, then you should definitely go for the ATN Laser Ballistic 1500. How is it of high tech? The electronic optics present in the rangefinder helps you to get night vision mode, range finding, and spotting the scope industries. By installing the app of ATN, you can directly connect it to your phone. You can then get all the calculations that you require to target appropriately at your aim. The rangefinder also holds the capability of 6x magnification. Highlighting the target range, ATN laser ballistic 1500 has a range upto 1640 yards or 1500 meters.
- The size of the rangefinder is too small, and thus it is easily portable and can be carried with you wherever you desire to take it.
- It is one of the best rangefinders available in the market, which can give you maximum benefits through its updates features and technology.
- It is usually preferred by many long-range shooters.
- The rangefinder also has maximum accuracy scope with more or less 1-yard accuracy.
Leupold RX – 1600i
[su_button url="https://amzn.to/3iEKVlx" target="blank" background="#cf5705" color="#ffffff" size="10" center="yes" icon="icon: shopping-cart" text_shadow="2px 2px 1px #000000" rel="nofollow"]Check on Amazon[/su_button]
With a range upto 1600 yards and 6x magnifying capability, the Leupold RX – 1600 becomes one of the top rangefinders in our list. The RX – 1600i is of advanced OLED technology, which makes it user friendly and can resist any weather conditions. The digitally enhanced accuracy ( DNA) helps the rangefinder to be completely accurate. It is preferable for those who need the rangefinder for multiple purposes. It is a very easy to handle rangefinder, which is known for its accuracy.
- The rangefinder is a built-in inclinometer.
- It also holds multiple color option in it, making it one of the interesting models.
- It also has intuitive displays and menus.
- The main problem with the rangefinder is that it is only holding two years of warranty, and the battery that it requires is not easily found in the market.
[su_button url="https://amzn.to/2Y8r4lb" target="blank" background="#cf5705" color="#ffffff" size="10" center="yes" icon="icon: shopping-cart" text_shadow="2px 2px 1px #000000" rel="nofollow"]Check on Amazon[/su_button]
The vortex impact one of the rangefinders with high-quality optical vision, which holds 6x magnifying power. The multicoated lenses of this rangefinder provide high shooter visibility. It also has horizontal component distance mode (HCD) and lines of sight-reading mode ( LOS) to give a better experience to the user. It covers range upto 850 yards. It uses simple CR2 batteries. It is one of the simplest rangefinders that the shooter can choose, due to its direct reading.
- It is of lightweight material.
- The vortex optical impact is one of the most reliable rangefinders that is available in the market.
- It is usually used for shooting, hunting, or golfing.
- This rangefinder is quite affordable.
- It doesn’t have any extra or latest technological built up.
Nikon 16224 Arrow ID 3000 Bowhunting Laser Rangefinder
[su_button url="https://amzn.to/2YaoyuQ" target="blank" background="#cf5705" color="#ffffff" size="10" center="yes" icon="icon: shopping-cart" text_shadow="2px 2px 1px #000000" rel="nofollow"]Check on Amazon[/su_button]
It is one of the best products that nikon has established in this sector. They provide you with some of the best technologies and beneficial advancements. It’s great to have such a device. It has special attachments so that it can easily provide you with a horizontal distance to target. This technology is known as the ID or Incline/Decline in the Rangefinder. You can also also use the technology for shooting in various angles over certain incline or declines.
- The special lenses used do provide varying range and does make viewing easy and simple.
- It is an excellent class 1 laser product.
- Check if the product comes with a warranty
How to shop for the best rangefinder?
Here is a quick rundown of things you need to keep in mind when selecting the best rangefinder:
If it is not accurate, a rangefinder is useless. The rangefinders that we checked read within 5 yards of each other. Lasers that read the same number consistently each time give golfers confidence in knowing the number they see can be trusted.
We’re based on the accuracy of the viewfinder and the optical display when we speak about the optics of a rangefinder. The simpler the screen is, the easier it is to understand. Ideally, you want to look for a show that offers simple and concise details, so you know that every time you have the right yarding. Note that to increase concentration, most units have a diopter change.
A laser rangefinder can use a variety of different ways to lock on to a target. Some perform better than others. All examples of notifications that function as a reminder that yo u have found your intended target are Jolt technology, pulse, and visual indicators.
Finding a proper rangefinder can help you with your long-range shooting. By knowing the features, distance covered, magnifying capacity, accuracy, and durability, you can choose the perfect one with regard to your preference.